Working in a fast paced environment you will participate in all food production, help maintain inventories and implement health and safety standards. You will be responsible for all culinary activities including banquets, food preparation and stewarding.
Reporting to the Session Manager you must adhere to the A.G.C.O. Standards, OLG Policies and Procedures and other applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws and regulations. Assist in maintaining good public relations with customers and with all employees. Comply with safety and security standards of the company.
Major Responsibility Areas
- Prepare food according to company recipes.
- Portion control.
- Bake, roast, steam, broil, fry or otherwise cook food.
- Responsible for presentation and garnishment of food consistent with company guidelines.
- Must directly or indirectly provide for superior customer service and promote excellent employee relations with co-workers.
- Additional responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of the Session Manager.
- Requires a High School diploma or comparable working experience.
- Positive Attitude.
- Must be comfortable with standing on feet for duration of an eight (8) hour shift.
- Guest service focused with a professional, positive and outgoing personality.
- Neat, professional and well groomed.
- Able to work under stressful/pressure guest situations while solving issues and delivering results.
- Required to work shifts – days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registration
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Smart Serve Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Requires an A.G.C.O. Category 2 Gaming Registration (this could be applied for after obtaining an offer of employment but prior to starting work).