Supervise the business in compliance with the A.G.C.O. Standards, OLG Policies and Procedures and other applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws and regulations. Assist in maintaining good public relations with patrons and maintain an open door policy with all employees. Comply with safety and security standards of the company while orientating staff to operations and complying with pre-determined company Internal Control Procedures. Is responsible for the administration and day-to-day supervision and operation of the Charity Gaming Centre.
Major Responsibility Areas
- Is responsible to ensure that all applicable company Internal Control Manual Procedures, A.G.C.O Standards and OLG Policies & Procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Supervise staff to meet and exceed performance expectations by establishing and maintaining a positive work environment and effective employee relations.
- Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest calibre of customer service and respect to all customers and employees.
- Make recommendations in the hiring, training, and evaluating of staff as well as to apply disciplinary or corrective counselling to staff.
- Maintain general awareness of gaming operations at all times and comply with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Comply with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- Additional responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of the General Manager.
- College Diploma or equivalent or previous experience in a related field.
- Requires one (1) or more years of supervisory experience.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and managerial skills. Working knowledge of computer software packages.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registration
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Smart Serve Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Requires an A.G.C.O. Category 1 Gaming Registration (this could be applied for after obtaining an offer of employment but prior to starting work).