We are looking for energetic and reliable individuals who enjoy public contact in an exciting and dynamic team environment. While previous serving experience is an asset, it is not required. We hold comprehensive orientation & training programs for all new employees. If you are a personable, responsible individual who excels at working with the public and you are available for both daytime and evening shifts, we are interested in hearing from you.
Reporting to the Session Manager you must adhere to the A.G.C.O. Standards, OLG Policies and Procedures and other applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws and regulations. Assist in maintaining good public relations with customers and with all employees. Comply with safety and security standards of the company.
Major Responsibility Areas
- Is responsible to ensure that all applicable company Internal Control Manual Procedures, A.G.C.O Standards and OLG Policies & Procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Serve food & beverage to patrons in a quick and efficient manner.
- Operate cash register in compliance with company policies.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Must directly or indirectly provide for superior customer service and promote excellent employee relations with co-workers.
- Additional responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of the Session Manager.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Must be comfortable with standing on feet for duration of up to an eight (8) hour shift.
- Past server experience a definite asset, but not necessary.
- Proficiency in basic math skills relating to money handling.
- Guest service focused with a professional, positive and outgoing personality.
- Neat, professional and well groomed.
- Able to work under stressful/pressure guest situations while solving issues and delivering results.
- Required to work shifts – days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registration
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Smart Serve Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Successful candidates are required to obtain and maintain a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate (after offer of employment).
- Requires an A.G.C.O. Category 2 Gaming Registration (this could be applied for after obtaining an offer of employment but prior to starting work).